Apex Legends has many features that set it apart from BR competitors and drove it to 50 million fans. One of those features is the ability to re-spawn a teammate to dies a bit early. Amazing no? Well not to some players who just simply log off the second they die leaving the remaining players in a jam that can be hard to overcome. It’s weak. It’s shameful and it’s now being punished. Players who disconnect early from three matches in a row will get a 5 minute time out from playing their next game.
There’s also plenty of fixes and tweaks. Check them out:
Apex Legends Update Version 1.06 Patch Notes 1.1
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Added the ability to party up with the last squad you played with. After the match you will see buttons in the lobby that display the last two people you played with and can invite them to your squad.
- Additional behind-the-scenes improvements for squashing cheaters.
- Added Mute button during the intro and Legend selection.
- When using the Report Player button for PC, you now have the option of selecting Cheat or Other.
- You can choose to allow invites or opt out in the Friends menu.
- Made small improvements to the UI for customizing Legends.
- Added option to turn off lighting on compatible hardware [for example, Razer Chroma devices] in the Mouse/Keyboard settings.
- Added informative messages that appear on PC for crashes due to:
- Running out of memory.
- CPU errors best explained by overclocking/overheating.
- Added better collision to the turrets on Supply Ships.
- Stability fixes to all platforms.
- Fixed issue where the Battle Pass rewards page would not have a default item selected, resulting in a mostly blank page.
- Fixed bug for PS4 and X1 where sometimes attempting to use a keyboard to chat could cause a fatal script error.
- Fixed bug with Banner Cards not showing up during and at the end of a match.
JUMP PAD PHASE WALK INTERACTIONS
- Octane’s Jump Pad no longer affects players when using Into the Void ability.
Respawn Entertainment has also shared a warning for some users that the account might reset after this new update.