Nintendo’s Switch console was a hit out of the gate on it’s release back in March of 2017 and has past 30 million units sold today worldwide. Thanks to Nintendo we now also have sales numbers for the top ten first party games:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 15.02 million pcs.
- Super Mario Odyssey 13.76 million pcs.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 12.08 million pcs.
- The Legend of Zelda:
Breath of the Wild 11.68 million pcs.
- Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu!/
Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! 10.00 million pcs.
- Splatoon 28.27 million pcs.
- Super Mario Party 5.30 million pcs.
- 1-2-Switch 2.86 million pcs.
- Mario Tennis Aces 2.53 million pcs.
- Kirby Star Allies 2.42 million pcs.
Nintendo has righted the ship from the poorly received Wii U and is once again moving the brand into the limelight of the gaming industry. They’re also making old moves investing in their core IPs with a theme park expansion coming to Universal Studios and upcoming film and animation projects featuring Nintendo characters.
The future is bright for the 100+ year old company.