Good old Modern Combat. Gameloft set out to fill the first person shooter void in mobile gaming on 2009 with Modern Combat. Since then there’s been seven more Modern Combat games all building on the last into the two newest entries “Blackout” 2014 and “Versus” 2017. Versus is a riff on Overwatch and Blackout is a more traditional COD type game. MC Blackout is available on iOS, Android, PC and now Nintendo Switch.
Don’t let the game’s age fool you. Even at four years old it’s still seeing continued development. In fact, a Battle Royale mode is in beta testing right now. Considering the Switch has no COD games or even COD style games, Modern Combat at $19.00 should move quite well.
Here’s the feature list from Gameloft:
- CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE CLASS: Find the playstyle that suits you among nine customizable classes that players can level up across single and multiplayer, including Assault, Heavy, Recon, Sniper, Support, Bounty Hunter, Sapper, X1-Morph or Kommander.
- HIGH-POWERED MULTIPLAYER: Deploy for epic clashes in Team Battle and Free-For-All matches online.
- INTENSE SOLO CAMPAIGN: Play the challenging Spec-Ops missions for a real adrenaline rush. Fast-paced story missions with various challenges will take players from Tokyo to Venice.
- UNIFIED PROGRESSION: Character progress in any mode carries over to the others, so play solo or multiplayer and watch abilities expand.
- PERSONALIZED CONTROLS: Intuitive, highly customizable controls allow players to battle just the way they want for a true console experience.
Keep an eye out for the game in the coming weeks.