Are you a Fortnite player with friends who are also Fortnite players? (the chances are high) Would you like to give your online friends a gift for Christmas but don’t want to ship socks to Japan or worse, Florida? Well now you can skip the socks and cheese baskets and go right for gifts your squad skins and in-game goodies directly from inside the game.
Allow Epic to tell you how it works:
We know that many of you have been eagerly awaiting a gifting feature and today we’re excited to announce that for a limited time we’ll be offering it with the release of our 6.31 update! This initial gifting period will last one week after the release of the update.
Please note, gifting is not available on iOS devices because Apple’s policies prohibit it.
How it works
When you go into the Item Shop and choose an item to purchase, you will now be presented with two options: one saying “Purchase Items” and another saying “Buy As A Gift”.
In order for you to be able to gift an item, there are a few things that you must do first:
- Make sure you have Multi-factor authentication enabled on your account. If you’re not sure how to get this setup then check out the instructions here.
- You must have been friends with somebody for at least 48 hours before you can send a gift to them.
- You will only be able to gift three times within a 24 hour period.
- Any gifts that are purchased are NOT refundable.
- You can only gift an item that is currently available in the Item Shop.
Don’t want to receive any gifts? You can disable receiving gifts under Account Settings in game.
Remember, this initial gifting period will only last a week so check it out while you can. We can’t wait to hear your feedback!