PUBG Corp has been putting in the overtime improving the PC version of the game and adding in features that the community has been asking for since launch.
First off is a fairly expansive ranking system that’s directly tied into new leader boards. This will make life easier for their “road to esports” as they (and team captains) can have a resource for finding the top players. It’s also a great new meta to keep players interested in the wake of Blackout and other Battle Royale competitors showing up soon to compete for their time.
Secondly is a region lock. Sadly this is more important than it may seem. While region locks can improve the ping times for servers, these will end up being more useful to try and dodge Chinese hackers.
It’s a great addition to the game. See the full details below:
- Server/region will now be decided automatically depending on the player’s local region
- If you group with a player from another region, matchmaking will automatically decide the best region to play on
- Implemented Rank System
- There are 8 total ranks
- Rank will be assigned based on Rank Points earned
- To earn your first rank, you will need to play 10 provisional matches
- Rank promotion / demotion will be decided by total rank points as indicated in the chart above
- Statistics Page Renewal
- Improved the UI of the Career and Leaderboard screens
- Improved UI to show rank, KDA, Avg. damage, etc. more clearly.
- Will display up to 100 ranks