343’s good work in the continued repair and upgrading of the Master Chief Collection continues in the newest version for Test Flight users. Restrictions for sharing are loosened more this time so even if you’re not in the test flight, check your favorite streamers who will be allowed to broadcast play.
WHAT’S IN THE FLIGHT?
This latest build will include ALL of MCC in its current, work-in-progress state. Work continues and there are sure to be issues that arise – both known and unknown – but we’re excited to finally get the entire product out into the wild for Insiders to get hands-on.FOCUS AREAS
For this flight, we’re asking our participants to please focus on the following:
- Campaigns & Campaign Co-op
- Custom Games
Feel free to play and spend time in any/all of these modes – none of which are dependent on matchmaking.We do have a few official play times scheduled to help get players into matchmaking. A limited number of playlists will be available and the offerings are subject to change depending on overall player engagement and population levels. Current the plan is to offer Halo 2 Classic 4v4 and Halo 3 Action Sack (4v4) playlists.Please join us online for the following official multiplayer matchmaking play sessions:
- Friday, July 6: 11AM to 2PM PDT & 7PM to 10PM PDT
- Saturday, July 7: 11AM to 2PM PDT & 7PM to 10PM PDT
- Sunday, July 8: 11AM to 2PM PDT & 4PM to 7PM PDT
And remember, you’re free (and highly encouraged!) to play as much as you want across the entire MCC product offering any time you want outside of the official MP times above.CONFIDENTIALITY
Just like last time, we’re easing the restrictions on this flight and participants are free to stream, post screens and videos, and discuss on social and on forums. However, just like last time, please note that all email communications and official surveys are STILL CONSIDERED CONFIDENTIAL.KNOWN ISSUES
This latest MCC build is huge – it’s the entire game! – which means there’s a lot more for players to dig into and a lot more for the team to monitor. As of today, 7/2, we are aware of the following key known issues:
- Halo 3 ODST is NOT included in the MCC Insider Build (it will be back in the game by the time the retail update is released)
- LAN – The new LAN functionality is available in this Insider build and we’d love to get your early feedback on this new feature! Please Note: For these flights, players will still NEED TO BE CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET IN ORDER TO PLAY LOCAL LAN GAMES. Any internet connection will NOT be required once the update arrives to retail MCC.